Instant-messaging app WhatsApp has added a new feature to its Status feature, allowing users to share their Status updates directly on Facebook. The feature was missing on WhatsApp for months, but the app has now rolled out an update to cater to user demands. The new update will make it easier for users to share their updates on multiple platforms without having to open every specific app to upload the post separately.
WhatsApp’s Status feature allows users to upload any media file which disappears after 24 hours automatically. The app has received several privacy upgrades including the option to share the Status with select contacts only. How to Manage Bills with Splitbills Feature in Google Pay
Sharing your WhatsApp Status on Facebook
To share your WhatsApp Status update on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap Status Correct Order to Watch the Twilight Movies and Where to Find Them?
- Create a status update
- You will get two sharing options based on if you want to share a new or old status update
- Share new status update: Under “My status,” tap “Share to Facebook Story.” If prompted, tap “Allow” or “Open” to open the Facebook app. In the Facebook app, select the audience you want to share with, then tap “Share Now.” Please note the “Share to Facebook Story” option disappears once you go to another tab.
- Share old status update: Tap “My Status” on iPhone or “More” by “My Status” on Android. Next, tap “More” (or ) next to the status update you want to share, then tap “Share to Facebook.” If prompted, tap “Allow” or “Open” to open the Facebook app. In the Facebook app, select the audience you want to share with, then tap “Share Now.”
- After you share your status update, WhatsApp will reopen.
WhatsApp’s Status feature is also available on Meta’s other platforms, Instagram and Facebook, which also allows users to share the same Status update between the two apps. Adipurush Set to Premiere at Tribeca Festival, Globalizing Indian Cinema