Remember all those cute Valentine treats that marked the special day when you were little? Back then, the only thing more exciting than painstakingly creating dozens of Valentine crafts and collecting handfuls of those little heart-shaped candies was choosing cards to hand out to everyone in the class. As adults, many of us have forgotten the art of crafting heartfelt Valentine messages. After all, it’s easier to buy a Valentine’s Day gift for your SO, grab a generic card for it, sign it, and call it a day. That said, sending thoughtful Valentine’s Day messages to everyone who’s made a difference in your life can go a long way.
“Everyone you consider part of your inner circle should get a card,” says Jodi RR Smith, founder of Mannersmith Etiquette Consulting. “Whether you’re expressing affection to a partner or appreciating a friend, there’s something so special about handing out handwritten, heartfelt messages of love.”
If you’re not sure what to write in your Valentine’s card, start by thinking about why that person is important to you, suggests Smith. And really dig deep: Which of them makes your heart skip a beat? What do you value most about their friendship? Why are they one of your favorite people? When in doubt, you can’t go wrong by sharing a beloved memory, funny story, or inside joke that connects the two of you.
Check out the sweet sentiments, cute jokes, and romantic quotes below for inspiration. Putting words to paper is a great way to remind your partner (and the rest of your circle) just how special they really are. A meaningful Valentine’s Day message is also a nice keepsake that they can cherish for years to come.
Cute greeting card for Valentine’s Day
- Happy Valentine’s Day! My favorite place in the world is next to you.
- You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
- You may hold my hand for awhile, but you hold my heart forever.
- I love you more than coffee.
- Thank you for being mine.
- You make me feel like the heart-eye emoji.
- The best things in life are better with you.
- Whenever I feel like giving up, your love keeps me going.
- I never believed in luck until I found you.
- I met you. I liked you. I love you. I’m keeping you.
- To another Valentine’s Day spent with the love of my life, and to many more.
- Whenever I’m with you, wherever we are, I’m home.
- Every love story is wonderful but ours is my favorite.
- You’re the one. I’ve never been so sure of anything in my whole life.
- I fell in love with you because of all the small things you don’t even realize you’re doing.
- Thank you for making me laugh and smile every single day since the day we met.
- Like you and me, some things are just meant to be.
- Here are all the ways I’m a better person because of you.
Funny Valentine’s Day Messages
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Are you seriously not sick of me yet?
- I’m yours. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
- Happy V-Day! I got you this card. Now where’s my medal?
- So happy we both swiped right.
- Hope your heart is full of love and your mouth is full of chocolate.
- I love you. But I like you a lot better after my first cup of coffee.
- I’m so happy and thankful to have found someone as weird as me.
- All I need in this life is you and me. Oh, and WiFi. And wine. And snacks. But that’s it, I swear.
- You have the worst taste in TV shows, and I’m still madly in love with you. That’s how you know it’s real.
- Besides cheese, you are my favorite.
- Know why I have a library card? Because I’m checkin’ you out.
- Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peel-ing.
- I love you because you’re the person who annoys me the least.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the one person who’s sweeter than Russel Stover.
- You know how I knew you were the one? You’re the only person I can stand for longer than 6 hours.
- I know loving me isn’t always the easiest. But trust me, I’m worth it.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Nothing says love like a piece of paper folded in half with some words on it.
Valentine’s Day Messages and Wishes for Friends
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Thanks for being my person.
- To the person who makes me the best version of myself.
- Happy V-Day to the person who would help me hide a body.
- Our friendship is #relationshipgoals.
- Happy V-Day to my ride or die.
- We’ve been friends for so long that we’re basically married. I now owe you a Valentine’s Day card every year.
- You’re the Tina Fey to my Amy Poehler. (Or, any pop culture duo you love!)
- Making friends as a grown-up is hard. Thank you for making it easy.
- Good times. Bad Times. Fun Times. Tough times. No matter what, you’re always by my side.
- I love that you’re my emergency contact.
- Don’t eat too much chocolate today. Leave room for wine.
- Happy Galentine’s Day to my bff.
- Friend love is the best kind of love. We’ll never break up because you refuse to pick up your socks.
- We go together like wine and any day of the week.
- Who needs a Valentine when I have a best friend like you?
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Just wanted to let you know that you are loved.
Romantic Movie Quotes for Valentine’s Day
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — Arwen in The Lord of the Rings
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Harry in When Harry Met Sally
- “To me, you are perfect.” — Mark in Love Actually
- “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” — Baby in Dirty Dancing
- “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” — Noah in The Notebook
- “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” — Edward in Sense and Sensibility
- “I am in love with you. I know that love is just a shout into the void and that oblivion is inevitable. And that we’re all doomed and that one day all of our labors will be returned to dust. And I know the sun will swallow the only Earth we will ever have. And I am in love with you.” — Gus in The Fault in Our Stars
- “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” — Nick in The Wedding Date
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul. I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” — Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice