Here’s a nice surprise for Battlefield 2042 players: DICE has revealed that tomorrow, October 11th, the game will receive the 2.1.1 update! Not only that, but the studio has also revealed the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1.1!
Tomorrow’s update should also bring the dates for The Liquidators event, which also starts tomorrow! Head here for full details on that.
Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1.1 patch notes:
The main goal of this minor quality of life update is to improve the gunfight. Several weapon balance changes and bug fixes are included to ensure a consistent gameplay experience between our weapon offerings:
- The M16A3 and M60E4 now have proper recoil reduction on consoles to ensure their performance is consistent across platforms
- The M16A3 and M60E4 received balance changes to improve their performance
- The Avancy, K30 and MP9 have undergone balance changes to reduce their performance
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from being able to aim sights (ADS) after exiting the vehicle
- Fixed a hit registration issue that could occur when using the controller for long periods of time and firing weapons
Setting Mouse Raw Input to Off in Settings will no longer disable in-game mouse movement
Recovery – It was sometimes possible to deploy under the map in the first sector of US HQ. That doesn’t happen anymore
Recovery – Fixed several areas on Conquest 64 that would incorrectly mark you as Out of Bounds
- Continuously firing weapons while using a controller would sometimes desynchronize the recoil between client and server. As a result, the missiles missed their target when they should have hit. This is resolved
- AC-42 sights are usable again after equipping the UH-1 Smart 1.5x Scope in the default slot
- Fixed an issue where the UH-1 Smart 1.5x Scope reticle was missing from the AC-42
- Vault Weapons now correctly apply recoil reduction when playing on console
- Weapon draw speed range for Vault Weapons now matches the range of All-Out Warfare weapons
- Fixed an issue where users could not ADS after leaving a moving vehicle if the equipped weapon is equipped with an underbarrel attachment
- This bug reappeared after we released a fix earlier. Please let us know if you continue to experience this after this update
- The M16A3 now has the correct Headshot Multiplier for Assault Rifles (2.15x)
- Available positions
- The Avancys was highly accurate and along with the large magazine meant it was too powerful for sustained fire. To compensate, we lowered its accuracy.
Base recoil increased by 0.32 -> 0.36
Scatter per shot increased 0.03 -> 0.06
The K30 is supposed to be a close range SMG and it was too accurate at medium range. Its distance accuracy was therefore reduced.
Min scatter angle increased 0.15 -> 0.18
Scatter per shot increased 0.09 -> 0.15
Scatter drop rate reduced by 20 -> 4
The MP9 is also meant to be a close-range SMG, and like the K30, has been given an accuracy penalty to reduce its mid-range effectiveness.
Scatter per shot increased 0.06 -> 0.11
Min scatter angle increased 0.14 -> 0.17
The M16A3 did not match the performance of other assault rifles. To compensate, we’ve reduced its recoil and improved its accuracy in sustained fire.
Base recoil reduced by 0.44 -> 0.36
First Shot Recoil Multiplier reduced to 1.45 -> 1.15
Scatter per shot on ADS reduced 0.13 -> 0.1
The M60E4 did not match the performance of the other LMGs. To compensate, we’ve reduced its recoil and improved its accuracy in sustained fire.
Base recoil reduced by 0.6 -> 0.54
Scatter per shot on ADS reduced 022 -> 0.17
Reduced staggered recoil multiplier from 6 shots to 4
Damage increased at all ranges
As for the next big update, DICE has yet to reveal a date, although the studio has confirmed that it will include new Vault Weapons and a rework of the Orbital map.